But yeah... my 12 mile run today was a piece of cake and I find it funny that it was the end-goal of last summer's entire training.
Awesome things about my run today:
1. I ran up the mountain, which I haven't done in a long time, so I find it a small feat in itself that I started this long run with a 3-mile uphill.
2. At the bottom of the mountain there was a group of bagpipers having their own little concert together in the park.
3. When I got to Parc LaFontaine, there were so many artists and musicians everywhere -- cellists, violinists, french horn players, painters....
4. While running the last mile back to my apartment, I looked up at the top of the mountain and it seemed so far away and I could not believe that I had been up there only 90 minutes before.
Great run. :o)
nice to have all of that 'culture' in the background while you run. Twelve miles - that's a lot, although I know you've run 20 before. You go, girl! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteEm,
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you.
Dad