I woke up this morning to run before work, since I only had three miles to do. The truth though, is that I set my alarm for 7:30 so that I could get up to run, and then I turned it off and rolled over to fall back asleep... but my cat wouldn't let me go back to bed (we're in a fight now) so I ended up running this morning simply because I thought, "Well I'm up now anyways..." but I did NOT want to. In fact, half way down the hall to the stairs in my apartment building I stopped... thought about what I could do this morning instead of running before I went to work... and eventually just forced myself out the front door. This is actually one of the first times in this whole training period where I've felt that way, like I really didn't want to run. My run wasn't too good this morning, and I'm not sure if it was my attitude, my tiredness, or what... but my legs felt like they had 50-pound weights strapped to them, particularly to my hamstrings. Ah well you have your highs and your lows..... what's three bad miles over the long course of hundreds?
I've decided that I'm starting a new thing in this blog... called.... "The Most Totally Awesome Thing I Saw On This Run."
I think it will be great for me to be able to look back and read this one day and see all of the totally awesome things that I saw or that happened to me while running and training for my first marathon. And you really do see and think a lot while you're running... it's nice to not forget what you see.
So... the most totally awesome thing I saw today on my run was:

A guy on University totally decked out in Apple gear (iPod headphones, holding an iPhone, carrying an MacBook briefcase) wearing this t-shirt gave me a HUGE thumbs up and a smile while I ran past him.
So, mysterious apple-man.... thanks!!!
I've decided that I want
this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment