Today I was supposed to do a 4-miler, and I've promised myself that I will start doing speed workouts once a week, so I decided that today was the day. I went to the gym to do it on the treadmill 'cause I've got a great treadmill speed workout on my iPod that was done by the lead singer of the band 'OK go'... The band got together with Nike and created a 30-minute track called "Master the Treadmill with OK Go" and it's their music mixed in the background with the lead singer's voice coaching you through an interval workout. I've had it for a few years and do the workout occasionally, it's pretty awesome. Download it.
I did my intervals at a 7:30 pace with my in-between running at a 9:00 pace, so I'm pretty happy with that. My legs sure feel a lot stronger than when I used to do that workout a few months ago. I ended up only doing 3.5 miles instead of 4, but I'm gonna cut myself some slack on that one considering it was sprinting.
Tomorrow is supposed to be 34 degrees with humidity, and i have a 6 mile run -- ouch. Looks like I'll be waking up early to beat the heat...
HAHAH I have master the treadmill with OK Go. I've had it for years, and naturally I have never done it.
ReplyDelete-kate